From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
Year 262 After the Conquest (262 AC) is a year in the Westerosi calendar, the 262nd after Aegon's crowning in Oldtown that maesters and educated people use as a reference to date the years.
In 262 AC king Jaehaerys II Targaryen died of an illness, after ruling for only three years. His only son Aerys rose to the throne, naming his childhood friend Tywin Lannister as his Hand.
- Robert Baratheon.
- Brandon Stark.
- Merrett Frey, son of Lord Walder Frey and Amarei Crakehall.
- King Jaehaerys II Targaryen, of an illness.
Titles and Appointments
- Prince Aerys Targaryen is crowned as King Aerys II Targaryen.
- Tywin Lannister is named Hand of the King.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Jaehaerys II.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aerys II.
- ↑ See the calculation for: Merrett Frey
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 16, Jaime II.