37 AC was the final year of Aegon the Conqueror's reign. After his death of a stroke at Dragonstone, his firstborn Aenys Targaryen was crowned. But he was perceived as a weakling and four rebels tested his determination: Harren the Red murdered Lord Gargon Qoherys and took Harrenhal, Jonos Arryn threw his brother lord Ronnel Arryn through the Moon Door, a priest king of the Iron Islands claimed to be the son of the Drowned God, and a pretender from the Red Mountains called the Vulture King raided the Dornish Marches. Those four rebellions were put down, although they costed the lives of Lord Orys Baratheon and the Hand Alyn Stokeworth. Maegor Targaryen, who had been instrumental in retaking the Eyrie, had received Blackfyre and bonded with Balerion, was named the new Hand of King Aenys.
- King Aegon I Targaryen, from a stroke.
- Lord Orys Baratheon, on his return to Storm's End from the Vulture Hunt.
- Lord Gargon Qoherys murdered by Harren the Red.
- Lord Alyn Stokeworth, Hand of the King, killed by Harren the Red.
- Harren the Red, killed by Bernarr Brune.
- Lord Ronnel Arryn, thrown out the Moon Door by his brother, Jonos Arryn.
- Jonos Arryn, betrayed and thrown out the Moon Door by his own men. 
- Lodos the Twice-Drowned killed by Goren Greyjoy. 
- The Vulture King executed during the Vulture Hunt.
- Two dragons hatch on Dragonstone.
- Prince Aenys visits Highgarden.
- Upon the death of Aegon I and the ascension of Aenys I, four rebels arise in the realm: Harren the Red, The Vulture King, King Lodos and Jonos Arryn.
- Prince Maegor Targaryen claims the dragon Balerion as his mount.
- The Vulture King launches what is known as the Second Dornish War.
- Lord Harmon Dondarrion is mutilated by the Vulture King.
- Davos Baratheon, Samwell Tarly, Lord Harmon Dondarrion, Lady Ellyn Caron, Allard Royce, and Lord Goren Greyjoy are given gold, offices, and honors by King Aenys as a reward for their actions during the rebellions.
Titles and Positions
- Prince Aenys Targaryen is crowned King Aenys I Targaryen.
- Prince Maegor Targaryen becomes Hand of the King after the death of Lord Alyn Stokeworth.
- Hubert Arryn becomes the new Lord of the Eyrie.
- The squire Bernarr Brune is knighted by King Aenys I.