4 AC was the beginning of the First Dornish War, with a Targaryen full-fledged attempt to invade Dorne. Queen Rhaenys Targaryen attacked the Planky Town from the air with Meraxes, while King Aegon marched through the Prince's Pass and Lord Orys Baratheon descended through the Boneway. Although Orys was ambushed and captured by the Wyl of Wyl, most of the Dornish prefer to avoid confrontation and abandon their strongholds rather than face the invading armies. After capturing a few castles, Aegon took Sunspear and declared the conquest of Dorne concluded.
- House Targaryen begins another invasion of Dorne it becomes known as the First Dornish War.
- Lord Orys Baratheon is taken captive during the First Dornish War.
- Lord Harlan Tyrell loses a quarter of his men and almost all his horses while marching toward Hellholt, only to find it deserted.
- Aegon takes Skyreach, Yronwood, the Tor, and Ghost Hill.
- Rhaenys burns the Planky Town, and takes Lemonwood, Spottswood, Stinkwater, and Sunspear.
- Lord Toland's fool, slain by King Aegon after he had been sent to find him dressed as a champion.
Titles and appointments
- Lord Jon Rosby is named Castellan of Sunspear and Warden of the Sands, to rule Dorne in the Aegon’s name.