Alaric of Eysen
From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|Alaric of Eysen|
Alaric of Eysen is a far-traveled singer from Eysen.
A Storm of Swords
Symon Silver Tongue informs Tyrion Lannister that Alaric is one of the seven singers chosen to sing at the wedding feast of King Joffrey I Baratheon and Lady Margaery Tyrell, where he will compete for a gilded lute with silver strings. While Alaric is waiting to start singing, King Joffrey and Queen Margaery cut the wedding pie, and Joffrey chokes to death while eating pie and drinking wine.
A Feast for Crows
Alaric remains in King's Landing and occasionally plays for Queen Margaery and her entourage.
Behind the Scenes
Alaric is a reference by George R. R. Martin to Tales of Alaric the Minstrel by Phyllis Eisenstein. A Storm of Swords is dedicated to Phyllis, "who made [George] put the dragons in."
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 32, Tyrion IV.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 60, Tyrion VIII.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 28, Cersei VI.
- ↑ George R.R. Martin: The Rolling Stone Interview