Anguy the Archer - Illustrated by Lucas Soriana © Fantasy Flight Games
Anguy the Archer|
|Allegiance||Brotherhood without banners|
A Game of Thrones (appears)|
A Storm of Swords (appears)
A Feast for Crows (mentioned)
|Played by||Philip McGinley|
|TV series||Season 3|
Anguy, called the Anguy the Archer or simply Archer, is a commoner from the Dornish Marches who is skilled with the bow. In the television adaptation Game of Thrones he is portrayed by Philip McGinley.
Appearance and Character
- See also: Images of Anguy
A Game of Thrones
During the Hand's tourney at King's Landing in celebration of Lord Eddard Stark's ascension as Hand of the King, Anguy wins the archery competition, outshooting Ser Balon Swann and Jalabhar Xho at a hundred paces and earning himself a sum of ten thousand golden dragons. He refuses an offer from Eddard to join the Hand's guard. Afterwards he squanders his fortune on Jayde, Alayaya and Dancy (expensive whores from Chataya's brothel), roast swan, Arbor wine, and other lavish excesses. As he is from the Dornish Marches, it is likely that he rides with Lord Beric Dondarrion when Eddard dispatches the Lightning Lord to bring Ser Gregor Clegane to justice.
A Storm of Swords
Anguy is with the brotherhood without banners party that captures Arya Stark and brings her to Beric in the hollow hill. Like most members of the brotherhood, Anguy is now a follower of R'hllor. He takes part in the battle at the burning septry with the Brave Companions, where Septon Utt is hanged.
A Feast for Crows
Anguy here could put three shafts through you before you could hope to reach us.
Behind the Scenes
George R. R. Martin was probably inspired by his father when he wrote about Anguy spending ten thousand golden dragons on women and drinking as his father won ten thousand dollars by gambling during World War II. He had a good time with the money, spending it all on women, beer, nightclubs, and the track.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 34, Arya VI.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 43, Arya VIII.
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Anguy.
- A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 13, Arya II.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 22, Arya IV.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 30, Eddard VII.
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 39, Arya VII.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 42, Brienne VIII.
- The Heart of a Small Boy by George R. R. Martin