|Location||Dornish Marches, stormlands, Westeros|
|Government||House Dondarrion, feudal lord|
Lord Beric Dondarrion (AGoT)|
Blackhaven is the seat of House Dondarrion in the southwestern stormlands. Part of the Dornish Marches, it is located in the northern Red Mountains near the Dornish border, north of the Wyl and south of the Cockleswhent.
Blackhaven has black basalt walls and a dry moat said to be bottomless. It is small and modest compared to the great castles of the Seven Kingdoms.
Blackhaven was burned by the first Vulture King, who mutilated Lord Harmon Dondarrion. Harmon participated in the Vulture Hunt which defeated the Vulture King and his rebels.
Queen Alysanne Targaryen greatly enjoyed Blackhaven when Lord Dondarrion and his son, Ser Simon Dondarrion, hosted her and King Jaehaerys I Targaryen in 54 AC. Simon captivated the queen with songs of star-crossed lovers and the fall of kings.
Ser Criston Cole was the son of the steward of Blackhaven.
King Baelor I Targaryen was treated by the castle's maester during his return from Dorne.
When Ser Barristan Selmy was ten years old, he borrowed armor and entered as a mystery knight a tourney that took place at Blackhaven, where he was eventually defeated and unmasked by Prince Duncan Targaryen. For that, Barristan earned the nickname "the Bold".
A Game of Thrones
Beric Dondarrion, Lord of Blackhaven, is reported slain by Ser Gregor Clegane in the battle at the Mummer's Ford.
A Storm of Swords
Beric is revealed to be the still-living leader of the brotherhood without banners, as he was revived by Thoros of Myr.
A Feast for Crows
Thoros tells Brienne of Tarth that Lord Beric finally died when he, rather than Thoros, revived the murdered Catelyn Stark. The heir to Blackhaven is unknown.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Lands of Ice and Fire, Westeros.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Stormlands: The Men of the Stormlands.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Fire & Blood, Birth, Death, and Betrayal Under King Jaehaerys I.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Sons of the Dragon.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Heirs of the Dragon - A Question of Succession.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Baelor I.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 67, Jaime VIII.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 55, Catelyn VIII.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 34, Arya VI.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 42, Brienne VIII.