Brandon Stark (Shipwright)
From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|Full name||Brandon Stark|
|Title||King in the North|
|Successor||Brandon the Burner|
|Alias||Brandon the Shipwright|
Brandon Stark, known as Brandon the Shipwright, was a King in the North and a head of House Stark. His son, Brandon the Burner, followed him on the throne.
King Brandon was known as Brandon the Shipwright due to his love of the sea. Thousands of years before Aegon's Conquest, King Brandon attempted to sail across the Sunset Sea, but was never seen again. It is known that he never visited Asshai. His tomb in the crypts of Winterfell is empty. His son burned the remaining ships in his grief, and is thus known as King Brandon the Burner.
A Storm of Swords
Bran Stark tells the story of Brandon the Shipwright to Hodor and Meera and Jojen Reed.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 69, Bran VII.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Jaehaerys and Alysanne - Their Triumphs and Tragedies.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 66, Bran VII.
- ↑ So Spake Martin: Some Questions (April 01, 2003)
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 24, Bran II.