Dagger Lake is a large lake formed by the confluence of the rivers Rhoyne and Qhoyne in western Essos. At Dagger Lake the Qhoyne comes rushing in, full of gold and amber from the Axe and pine-cones from the Forest of Qohor. Northeast of Dagger Lake are the ruins of Ar Noy, while along its western banks are the Golden Fields.
Dagger Lake is full of islands where pirates lurk in hidden caves and secret strongholds, such as Urho the Unwashed and Korra the Cruel on Hag's Teeth.
The War on Dagger Lake was one of the Rhoynish Wars between the Rhoynar and the Valyrian Freehold.
During the Century of Blood, Qohor and Norvos broke Volantene power on the Rhoyne in a battle involving fire galleys on Dagger Lake.
A Dance with Dragons
Dothraki from Motho's khalasar have been reported north of Dagger Lake.
The Shy Maid passes Dagger Lake by night, unseen and unmolested by pirates.
- ↑ The Lands of Ice and Fire, The Free Cities.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 14, Tyrion IV.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Map of the Free Cities
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 8, Tyrion III.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Ancient History: Ten Thousand Ships.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 18, Tyrion V.