|Born||In or before 90 AC|
|Died||In 129 AC, Dragonstone|
The World of Ice & Fire (mentioned)|
Fire & Blood (mentioned)
The Rogue Prince (mentioned)
The Princess and the Queen (mentioned)
A Game of Thrones (mentioned)
A Clash of Kings (mentioned)
A Feast for Crows (mentioned)
|Played by||Elliott Tittensor|
|TV series||House of the Dragon: Season 1|
Erryk and his twin brother, Ser Arryk, were physically identical, even their fellow Kingsguards could not differentiate them.
After the death of Viserys, Erryk followed Ser Steffon Darklyn and Ser Lorent Marbrand in siding with the blacks and joined the Queensguard of Rhaenyra. His brother Arryk, however, supported Rhaenyra's rival, King Aegon II Targaryen.
Ser Criston, the Lord Commander of Aegon's Kingsguard, tasked Arryk with infiltrating Dragonstone in the guise of his twin, Erryk. It is uncertain whether he was to kill Rhaenyra or her children. The twins came upon each other in one of the hallways of the castle's citadel and fought to the death. According to songs, the brothers professed their love and died in one another's arms after fighting for an hour. Mushroom, however, claims they called each other traitor and were both mortally wounded within moments.
Behind the Scenes
- See the Erryk Cargyll calculation
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon II.
- Fire & Blood, Heirs of the Dragon - A Question of Succession.
- WarnerMedia Pressroom: House of the Dragon | Character Descriptions
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Red Dragon and the Gold.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Blacks and the Greens.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 41, Tyrion IX.
- So Spake Martin: Ser Erryk and Ser Arryk (January 28, 1999)