|Title||Maester at Stokeworth|
Frenken is the maester assigned to House Stokeworth of Stokeworth.
Frenken is plump with red hair.
A Clash of Kings
Maester Frenken is one of the first to receive the letters from Stannis Baratheon declaring Cersei Lannister's children with Robert I Baratheon illegitimate. He sends his copy of the letter from Stokeworth on to King's Landing.
Later at the Red Keep, Frenken treats Sansa Stark's wounds after she is beaten by Ser Boros Blount and when she is injured during the riot of King's Landing. He also brings messages to Tyrion Lannister, the acting Hand of the King.
During the Battle of the Blackwater, Frenken treats a scared lady and the wounded Ser Lancel Lannister. After the battle, when the wounded Tyrion dismisses Maester Ballabar on suspicions of trying to kill him, Frenken takes up the task of seeing to Tyrion's recovery.
A Storm of Swords
After the death of the King Joffrey I Baratheon at his royal wedding, Frenken and Ballabar perform the autopsy that refutes the theory of a suffocation with the pigeon pie. During the trial of Tyrion for the death of the king, Frenken is called as a witness for the prosecution, and he agrees that poison was to blame.
A Feast for Crows
Maester Frenken remains busy at Stokeworth caring for Lollys and her mother, Lady Tanda Stokeworth, who fell and broke her hip. During a duel, Ser Bronn of the Blackwater kills Ser Balman Byrch before the wounded Balman can be treated by Frenken.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 32, Sansa III.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 15, Tyrion III.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 41, Tyrion IX.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 49, Tyrion XI.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 60, Sansa VI.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 62, Sansa VII.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 67, Tyrion XV.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 66, Tyrion IX.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 24, Cersei V.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 32, Cersei VII.