Gaemon Targaryen (son of Aenar)
|Alias||Gaemon the Glorious|
|Title||Lord of Dragonstone|
|Born||In before 114 BC, Valyria|
|Died||In or after 102 BC, Dragonstone|
|Spouse||Lady Daenys Targaryen|
Gaemon Targaryen, known as Gaemon the Glorious, was the second Lord of Dragonstone of House Targaryen.
Gaemon was the son of Lord Aenar Targaryen and had at least one sister, Daenys Targaryen. He came to Dragonstone along his family in 114 BC.
Gaemon was married to Daenys and together they had several children, Aegon, Elaena, and at least one younger daughter. Aegon and Elaena eventually inherited the rule of Dragonstone from Gaemon.
Gaemon was called "Gaemon the Glorious", and he is remembered as the greatest Targaryen Lord of Dragonstone during the Century of Blood.
King Jaehaerys I Targaryen named his eleventh child after Lord Gaemon. Sadly, the babe came early and Prince Gaemon died short of three moons old.
One of the fourteen claimants at the Great Council in 101 AC was Gaemon's descendant through his younger daughter.
- ↑ The red three-headed dragon was adopted by Aegon I Targaryen after the Conquest. This means that Targaryens prior to the Conquest did not use this coat of arms, and as such it is not displayed in this article.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 The World of Ice & Fire, The Reign of the Dragons: The Conquest.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Ancient History: The Doom of Valyria.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Fire & Blood, Aegon's Conquest.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Fire & Blood, Heirs of the Dragon - A Question of Succession.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Long Reign - Jaehaerys and Alysanne: Policy, Progeny, and Pain.