Greyshield is one of the Shield Islands in the Reach. The westernmost of the four isles, it lies near the mouth of the river Mander. It is the site of Grimston, the seat of House Grimm.
According to legend, Owen Oakenshield drove selkies and merlings from the Shield Islands into the sea.
Torgon Greyiron used Greyshield as a stronghold when he raided along the Mander. Garth VII Gardener, King of the Reach, expelled the ironborn from the islands and resettled them with warriors to help defend the Mander.
King Jaehaerys I Targaryen visited all of the Shield Islands in 89 AC.
During the Dance of the Dragons, Lord Grimm declared Greyshield for the blacks. Prince Daeron Targaryen forced the submission of the Lords of the Shield Islands to the greens, however.
Three galleys from Greyshield joined the fleet of Alyn Velaryon, Lord of the Tides, when he sailed to face Dalton Greyjoy, Lord of the Iron Islands.
A Feast for Crows
The island of Greyshield is taken by Ser Harras Harlaw during the taking of the Shields. After the battle, Euron Greyjoy, King of the Isles and the North, raises Harras, already the Knight of Grey Garden, to Lord of Greyshield.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 29, The Reaver.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Reach: Garth Greenhand.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 26, The Wayward Bride.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Reach: The Gardener Kings.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Long Reign - Jaehaerys and Alysanne: Policy, Progeny, and Pain.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Red Dragon and the Gold.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - Rhaenyra Triumphant.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - The Voyage of Alyn Oakenfist.