Guyard by Tiziano Baracchi © Fantasy Flight Games
|Alias(es)||Guyard the Green|
|Born||In or between 278 AC and 283 AC, at Crow's Nest|
|Died||In 299 AC, at King's Landing|
A Clash of Kings (appears)|
A Dance with Dragons (appendix)
Ser Guyard fancies himself a singer.
A Clash of Kings
After the parley between the brothers Renly and Stannis Baratheon during the siege of Storm's End, Guyard asks for command of the vanguard in the imminent battle between the two forces, but he is passed over in favor of Ser Loras Tyrell, the Lord Commander of the Rainbow Guard. When Renly is murdered within his tent before the battle, Guyard is not present.
After Renly's death, Guyard goes over to Stannis. He is present beneath the walls of Storm's End for the parley with Ser Cortnay Penrose. The castellan offers to duel Guyard or Lord Bryce Caron to determine the siege's fate, but Stannis refuses. Guyard opposes Melisandre being Stannis's standard-bearer.
A Storm of Swords
Quotes by Guyard
Jon: Your Grace, I beg the honor.
Guyard: Beg all you like, by rights it should be one of the seven who strikes the first blow.Randyll: It takes more than a pretty cloak to charge a shield wall. I was leading Mace Tyrell's van when you were still sucking on your mother's teat, Guyard.
Quotes about Guyard
—Cortnay Penrose to Guyard
- See the Guyard Morrigen calculation.
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Guyard Morrigan.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 52, Sansa IV.
- A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 42, Davos II.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 31, Catelyn III.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 33, Catelyn IV.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 62, Sansa VII.