|Allegiance||House Harlaw of the Tower of Glimmering|
The Harlaw scythe girdled within an embattled border|
(Sable a scythe argent within a bordure embattled argent )
Hotho Harlaw, known as Hotho Humpback, is a member of House Harlaw and the master of the Tower of Glimmering. His personal sigil is the Harlaw scythe girdled within an embattled border. He has a daughter.
Hotho has a hump back.
A Feast for Crows
When Hotho arrives at the Ten Towers, he gives Lord Rodrik Harlaw a copy of Archamester Marwyn's Book of Lost Books from Oldtown in the hope it might persuade Rodrik to marry his daughter.
Before the kingsmoot, Hotho offers his support to Victarion Greyjoy and offers him a daughter for his queen. Victarion promises Hotho he will take a look at the girl after he has been crowned. At the kingsmoot, Aeron Greyjoy spots Hotho calling out his support for Euron Greyjoy following Euron's speech.
At the feast to celebrate the taking of the Shields, Hotho reports to Victarion that Ser Harras Harlaw has captured Greyshield. As Harras is named the new Lord of Greyshield for his actions, Hotho believes this makes him the new heir to the Ten Towers.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 11, The Kraken's Daughter.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 29, The Reaver.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Hotho Harlaw.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 18, The Iron Captain.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 19, The Drowned Man.