|Coat of arms||
Vairy orange and blue, upon a black canton, a golden stag beneath an orange bend sinister|
(Vairy tenné and azure, on a canton sable a stag or debruised by a bend sinister of the first)
House Bolling is a noble house of landed knights from the stormlands, sworn to House Baratheon of Storm's End. According to semi-canon sources, their arms are vairy orange and blue; upon a black canton, a golden stag beneath an orange bend sinister.
The upper left side of the arms shows the Baratheon or Durrandon colors reversed beneath a bend sinister, an indication that the founder of the house was either a bastard or a descendant of a bastard of one of those lines.
Ser Theo Bolling was a landed knight married to Lady Elinor Costayne. During the reign of King Maegor I Targaryen, Ser Theo fought for King Maegar in his campaign against the Poor Fellows. In 47 AC, Maegor had Ser Theo arrested, charged with treason, and executed on the same day, allowing Maegor to marry Elinor. Ser Theo's eldest sons were fostered at the Eyrie and Highgarden, while the youngest was given over to a wet nurse.
A Feast for Crows
The hedge knight Ser Creighton Longbough claims to have killed Ser Herbert Bolling in the Battle of the Blackwater.
House Bolling at the end of the third century
The known Bollings during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Ser Herbert Bolling, a knight who fought in the Battle of the Blackwater.
- Ser Theo Bolling, a knight during the reign of King Maegor I Targaryen, married to Lady Elinor Costayne.
- Three sons.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses from the Stormlands
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Fire & Blood, The Sons of the Dragon.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 4, Brienne I.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Maegor I.