House Kenning of Harlaw
|House Kenning of Harlaw|
|Coat of arms||
The storm god's cloudly hand, pale grey, yellow lightning flashing from the fingertips, on black|
(Sable, the storm god’s hand nebuly cendrée, issuant from its fingertips lightning bolts or)
|Cadet branch||House Kenning of Kayce|
House Kenning of Harlaw is a noble house from Harlaw, one of the Iron Islands. According to semi-canon sources the house blazons its arms with the Storm God's cloudly hand, pale grey, yellow lightning flashing from the fingertips, on black.
A Feast for Crows
Ralf Kenning is an ironborn captain under the command of Lord Captain Victarion Greyjoy at Moat Cailin. He urges Victarion to stake a claim on the Seastone Chair. He is one of Victarion's supporters at the kingsmoot.
A Dance with Dragons
Reek meets Ralf Kenning at Moat Cailin. Despite being nominally in command of a number of men from House Codd as the castellan of the ruined castle, Ralf has been poisoned by a crannogman's arrow and is badly incapacitated. Reek mercy kills him.
House Kenning of Harlaw at the end of the third century
The known Kennings of Harlaw during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
With unspecified familiar relationship to the main branch of the house there is also:
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Iron Islands
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 11, The Kraken's Daughter.
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, "Kayce" entry.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 18, The Iron Captain.
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 20, Reek II.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 26, The Wayward Bride.