|Coat of arms||
A black talon, on an orange and white gyronny field|
(Gyronny tenné and argent, an eagle's leg erased sable)
|Head||Lord Lymond Lychester|
House Lychester is a noble house from Castle Lychester in the riverlands. According to semi-canon sources they blazon their arms with orange and white gyronny, a black talon.
In 42 AC during the Faith Militant uprising, Lord Jon Lychester was among the pious lords who fought King Maegor I Targaryen in the battle at the Great Fork of the Blackwater. The following year, Visenya Targaryen mounted Vhagar to set aflame several keeps and castles, including the seat of House Lychester.
Lord Lymond Lychester took six wounds defending a bridge from Ser Maynard. All of Lymond's sons died during Robert's Rebellion, some fighting with the Targaryens, some with Lord Robert Baratheon.
A Storm of Swords
The brotherhood without banners meet with Lord Lymond Lychester's maester, Roone, for information on Lord Beric Dondarrion's whereabouts.
A Feast for Crows
Ser Jaime Lannister spots the banner of House Lychester among those of the river lords who have bent the knee and now aid House Lannister in the siege of Riverrun.
House Lychester at the end of the third century
The known Lychesters during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lord Lymond Lychester, an old done knight.
- Sons, who died in Robert's Rebellion.
- Lord Jon Lychester, who fought against the Iron Throne during the Faith Militant uprising.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Riverlands
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Fire & Blood, The Sons of the Dragon.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 22, Arya IV.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 33, Jaime V.