|Coat of arms||
Twining red-and-white snakes, on a black field|
(Sable, two serpents argent and gules entwined palewise)
|Head||Ser Halmon Paege|
|Heir||Garrett Paege (possibly)|
House Paege is a noble house of landed knights sworn to Riverrun in the riverlands. They blazon their shields with twining red-and-white snakes on black. Their motto has yet to appear.
The Paeges supported Harwyn Hardhand, King of the Iron Islands, when he warred against the Storm King Arrec Durrandon.
In 43 AC, Lord Paege supported Aegon the Uncrowned against his uncle, King Maegor I Targaryen.
Ser Harbert Paege participated in the Whitewalls tourney, in which he was defeated by Ser Franklyn Frey after five tilts.
A Clash of Kings
Big Walder Frey quarters the arms of his father, Ser Jammos Frey, with those of his mother, Sallei Paege, and his grandmother, Alyssa Blackwood. Hoster Frey is the squire of Ser Damon Paege.
Prior to the Battle of the Fords, the banners of House Paege are spotted north of the Tumblestone in a camp alongside those of House Piper and House Darry.
A Storm of Swords
Ser Robert Paege is a companion of Lord Edmure Tully.
A Feast for Crows
Garrett Paege is a squire to Ser Jaime Lannister. He accompanies Jaime on his ride north to end the siege of Riverrun. Even though the Paeges have renewed their fealty to the Iron Throne, Jaime notices their banners are absent from the rivermen force besieging Riverrun.
House Paege at the end of the third century
The known Paeges during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Ser Halmon Paege, head of the house.
- Garrett Paege, his son.[N 1] A squire and a hostage to Ser Jaime Lannister during the siege of Riverrun.
With unknown familiar relation to the head of the house
- Ser Robert Paege, a knight. Companion and friend of Edmure Tully.
- Sallei Paege, married to Jammos Frey, the thirteenth son of Lord Walder Frey. Mother to Walder, Dickon and Mathis Frey.
- Sylwa Paege, married to Whalen Frey, the fourteenth son of Lord Walder Frey. Mother to Hoster and Merianne Frey.
- Ser Damon Paege, a knight.
- Hoster Frey, Sylwa's son. Squire to Ser Damon.
- Lord Paege ruling in 43 AC.
- Ser Harbert Paege, who participated in the Whitewalls tourney.
- ↑ In A Feast for Crows, Jaime V, Jaime Lannister states the following: "Lewys Piper and Garrett Paege were both the sons of river lords". As Halmon is the head of House Peage (see ASOS Appendix), this makes him Garrett's father.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 16, Bran II.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Riverlands
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Riverlands.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Fire & Blood, The Sons of the Dragons.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 The Mystery Knight.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 39, Catelyn V.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 27, Jaime III.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 33, Jaime V.