|Coat of arms||
Per fesse, a divided blue, red, green field above, a white catfish on a black field below|
(Per fesse, the first tierced in pale azure, gules and vert, the second sable, a catfish argent)
House Shawney is a noble house from the riverlands. Neither their coat of arms nor their motto appear in the books. According to semi-canon sources, they blazon their arms with per fess: blue, red, green above, a white catfish on black below. The upper colors represent the three forks of the Trident.
The name and location of their seat has not been published yet. It is possibly located in the south west part of the riverlands.[N 1]
House Shawney fought for the Blackfyres during the First Blackfyre Rebellion. Lord Shawney fought with Bittersteel on the right of the Blackfyre host. He almost died from the wounds he received in the Battle of the Redgrass Field. Lord Shawney attended Lord Ambrose Butterwell's wedding celebration and the Whitewalls tourney.
House Shawney at the end of the third century
The known Shawneys during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- no member has appeared yet.
- Lord Shawney, a Blackfyre supporter.
- ↑ To reach Whitewalls (east side of the God's Eye), Lord Shawney took the same ferry as Dunk and Egg, who came from Stoney Sept (west side of the God's Eye). Lord Costayne, who probably came from the Reach, also took this ferry. This points towards the location of the Shawney seat to be somewhere in the south west part of the riverlands.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Riverlands
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Mystery Knight.