|Head||Ser Harry Strickland|
House Strickland is a noble house in exile from Westeros.
The head of House Strickland rose in rebellion with Daemon I Blackfyre during the First Blackfyre Rebellion. After the defeat of the rebels at the Battle of the Redgrass Field, he fled across the narrow sea with Ser Aegor Rivers and the other exiles. Four generations of Stricklands have served in the Golden Company.
A Dance with Dragons
Harry Strickland is the captain-general of the Golden Company. The landing of the Golden Company begins their effort to place Aegon Targaryen on the Iron Throne.
House Strickland at the end of the third century
The known Stricklands during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Ser Harry Strickland, the current captain-general and former paymaster of the Golden Company.
- Unnamed Strickland, the great-grandsire of Harry. He supported Daemon I Blackfyre during his rebellion and lost his lands when he went into exile in Essos. He was part of the Golden Company from its founding by Ser Aegor Rivers in 212 AC.
"Gold for four generations," Harry would boast, as if four generations of exile and defeat were something to take pride in.—thoughts of Jon Connington
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 24, The Lost Lord.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 61, The Griffin Reborn.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Daeron II.