Hugo Vance (lord)
|Title||Lord of Wayfarer's Rest|
|Book||Fire & Blood (mentioned)|
Hugo Vance was the Lord of Wayfarer's Rest and the head of House Vance of Wayfarer's Rest during the Dance of the Dragons.
Hugo was a young man at the time of the Dance of the Dragons.
Hugo became Lord of Wayfarer's Rest after the death of Lord Tristan Vance at the hands of Ser Adrian Tarbeck during the Battle of the Red Fork in 130 AC.
In the prelude to the Butcher's Ball, the Myrish sellswords of Black Trombo in the employ of Lord Vance harassed and ambushed the host of Ser Criston Cole. Hugo provided three hundred Vance men, as well as Black Trombo's sellswords, to the host of Ser Addam Velaryon before the Second Battle of Tumbleton, following his liege Lord Elmo Tully into battle.
Hugo later joined the host of Lord Tully as they marched to King's Landing against the army of Lord Borros Baratheon, resulting in the Battle of the Kingsroad. His fate is unknown.
Behind the Scenes
Hugo is a reference by George R. R. Martin to the Hugo Award-winning author, Jack Vance.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - Rhaenyra Overthrown.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Red Dragon and the Gold.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - Rhaenyra Triumphant.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Short, Sad Reign of Aegon II.
- ↑ The Citadel: Are there any nods to other works in the series?