From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
Khaleesi is a title that the Dothraki use to designate the wife of a khal, which is the leader of a khalasar. Due to the Dothraki bias against women, usually a khaleesi has less influence than the kos or bloodriders. If her husband dies before her, the khaleesi is taken to Vaes Dothrak, the holy city of the Dothraki people, to serve as a counselor for all khalasars as one of the dosh khaleen.
A Dance with Dragons
Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea is one of the titles of Daenerys Targaryen.
- Daenerys Targaryen, the wife of Drogo, who becomes a khaleesi in her own right after his death.
- Doshi, the mother of Khal Mengo.
- The one-eyed crone, an old former khaleesi, now one of the dosh khaleen who dwell in Vaes Dothrak.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 46, Daenerys V.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.