A "lackwit" in Westeros refers to a person who is lacking intelligence, usually what the real world would call intellectually disabled. They are also often called "halfwits", "simpletons", "idiots", "simple-minded", or sometimes just "simple". Lackwits are disparaged by society.
There are lackwits in all strata of society, from smallfolk to highborn. Despite being lackwit, some highborn can still inherit; for example, Lollys Stokeworth, who becomes the Lady of Stokeworth after the deaths of her mother Lady Tanda and her sister Falyse. Men have been known to marry lackwit heiresses. Male lackwits sometimes become fools.
- Princess Gael Targaryen
- Princess Jaehaera Targaryen
- Princess Vaella Targaryen
- Lady Lollys Stokeworth
- Lady Helicent Uffering
- God-Emperor Lo Doq of Yi Ti (possibly)
- King Loreon IV Lannister
- Aegon Frey (Jinglebell)
- Priscella Hogg
- Robin Greyjoy
- Beatrice Butterwell
- Moon Boy (possibly)
- Mushroom (falsely believed)
- Tom Turnip
Uncertainty about Moon Boy
Moon Boy is described as a simpleton. However, several characters wonder whether or not Moon Boy truly lacks intelligence. Moon Boy is known to mock people with deft cruelty. On one occasion, a drunken Dontos Hollard accuses Moon Boy of being a spy of Varys, and that his simple-mindedness is just an act.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 36, Cersei VIII.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 29, Sansa II.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 52, Sansa IV.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 20, Tyrion V.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 37, Brienne VII.