Lapis lazuli or lapis is a blue rock used as ornamentation.
Altars in septs can be inlaid with onyx, mother-of-pearl, and lapis lazuli.
The massive chairs of the Pureborn of Qarth are decorated with goldwork and studded with amber, onyx, lapis, and jade. A bronze arch in the city depicts two snakes mating, and their scales are made of delicate flakes of jade, obsidian, and lapis.
Lord Alester Florent has inlaid lapis flowers on his breastplate. The doublet of Ser Harys Swyft has a bantom rooster depicted in lapis beads.
Some women of Astapor wear blue linen decorated with flakes of lapis.
Cyvasse boards can have squares of carnelian, jade, and lapis.
The Winds of Winter
|| Warning |
This information has thus far been released in a sample chapter for The Winds of Winter, and might therefore not be in finalized form. Keep in mind that the content as described below is still subject to change.
Competitors for the tourney of the Brotherhood of Winged Knights receive a lapis brooch in the shape of a pair of falcon's wings.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 18, Sansa II.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 40, Daenerys III.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 27, Daenerys II.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 42, Davos II.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 25, Davos III.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 17, Cersei IV.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 23, Daenerys II.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 13, The Soiled Knight.
- ↑ The Winds of Winter, Alayne I