Lord Bracken (Aerys II)
|Title||Lord of the Stone Hedge|
Lord Bracken was the Lord of the Stone Hedge and the head of House Bracken during the reign of King Aerys II Targaryen. His given name is unknown.
In 276 AC or 277 AC, Lord Bracken and Lord Blackwood travelled to Riverrun to lay their feud before their liege lord, Hoster Tully. During their stay, Lord Hoster announced the betrothal of his twelve-year-old daughter, Catelyn Tully, to the heir of Winterfell, Brandon Stark.
When a border dispute over a mill arose, the two lords came to King's Landing to seek judgment from the Crown. The Hand of the King, Lord Tywin Lannister, arbitrated in favor of Lord Blackwood but was overruled by King Aerys II Targaryen who gave the disputed mill to Lord Bracken.
Lord Bracken offered to Lord Hoster the hand of his daughter in marriage for his younger brother, Ser Brynden Tully. Brynden refused the match, however.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 71, Catelyn XI.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aerys II.
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Catelyn Stark.
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Petyr Baelish.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 80, Sansa VII.