Lord Tully (father of Hoster)
From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|Born||In or before 228 AC|
|Died||In 264–273 AC|
Lord Tully was the Lord of Riverrun and the head of House Tully during the early reign of King Aerys II Targaryen.
He was a follower of the Faith of the Seven.
He became the head of his house after the death of the successor of Medgar.[N 1]
When he passed away, he was sent down the Red Fork in a boat following the Tully funeral customs. The boat was set aflame by his eldest son, Hoster, who fired a fire arrow. Hoster missed his first shot but his second arrow found the sail.
His relation to his predecessor, the successor of Medgar,[N 1] is unknown. One of the two was the father of Celia Tully.[N 2]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Based on Walder Frey's year of birth (208 AC see Walder Frey) and his statement regarding having survived four Lords of Riverrun, with Lord Edmure Tully being the fifth he has known (A Storm of Swords, Catelyn VI). Medgar would be the first of the five, his successor the second, and Hoster the fourth, indicating that one more Lord of Riverrun ruled between them. This Lord Tully was Hoster's father, as he is known to have rule Riverrun before Hoster (A Storm of Swords, Catelyn IV).
- ↑ Celia Tully was the daughter of the ruling Lord of Riverrun when she was betrothed to Prince Jaehaerys Targaryen from 237 AC to 240 AC (The World of Ice and Fire, Targaryen Kings: Aegon V). Given the succession of House Tully during the third century after Aegon's Conquest, this Lord Tully can only be either Medgar's successor or the father of Hoster.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 See the Lord Tully (father of Hoster) calculation.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 2, Catelyn I.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 35, Catelyn IV.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 45, Catelyn VI.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 33, Catelyn IV.