Lord of Goldengrove
Lord of Goldengrove is a title held by the head of House Rowan, the ruler of Goldengrove in the Reach.
In 48 AC, Lords Rickard Rowan and Torgen Oakheart supported Septon Moon and marched with him towards Oldtown. When Moon was assassinated, Lord Rickard decamped within the hour. The following year, Lord Rickard attended the wedding of Rogar Baratheon and Alyssa Velaryon at King's Landing, where he met King Jaehaerys I, pronouncing him gentle and soft-spoken.
In 73 AC, Lord Rowan was defeated by Prince Baelon Targaryen in a tourney at Old Oak.
At the start of the Dance of the Dragons, Lord Thaddeus Rowan declared for the blacks, fighting in the battle on the Honeywine. He later became a regent and Hand of the King during the regency of Aegon III Targaryen.
In 211 AC, Ser Eustace Osgrey feared Lord Rowan would side with Lady Rohanne Webber over their quarrel due to his distant family ties to House Webber.
In the early 230s AC, Lord Rowan arranged a betrothal for his daughter to Tion Lannister, the second son of the Lord of Casterly Rock, Gerold the Golden.
A Clash of Kings
Lord Mathis Rowan rides with King Renly Baratheon during the War of the Five Kings. After Renly's death, Mathis joins his liege lord, Lord Mace Tyrell, and the Tyrell-Lannister alliance at the Battle of the Blackwater. Lord Mathis is among the lords presented to King Joffrey I at the award ceremony after the battle. Lord Tywin Lannister grants him an advisory seat on the small council.
A Storm of Swords
Lord Mathis dance with Sansa Stark at the feast after her wedding to Tyrion Lannister. Mathis gives Joffrey a red silk pavilion as a wedding gift.
A Feast for Crows
After the death of her father, Queen Cersei revokes Mathis's seat at the small council. Mathis attends the wedding of King Tommen I and Margaery Tyrell. Mathis later marches with Lord Tyrell to lay siege to Storm's End.
A Dance with Dragons
Lord Mathis remains in command of a token force at Storm's End when Mace returns to King's Landing.
Known Lords of Goldengrove
- Lord Rickard Rowan
- Lord Rowan ruling in 73 AC, who was defeated by Prince Baelon Targaryen in a tourney at Old Oak.
- Lord Thaddeus Rowan, Lord of Goldengrove during the Dance of the Dragons.
- Lord Rowan ruling in 211 AC.
- Lord Rowan ruling in 233 AC.
- Lord Mathis Rowan, the current Lord of Goldengrove.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 19, Tyrion III.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Red Dragon and the Gold.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - The Hooded Hand.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Prince into King – The Ascension of Jaehaerys I.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Year of the Three Brides – 49 AC.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Fire & Blood, The Long Reign - Jaehaerys and Alysanne: Policy, Progeny, and Pain.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 The Princess and the Queen.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon III.
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 The Sworn Sword.
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Westerlands: House Lannister Under the Dragons.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 62, Sansa VII.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 65, Sansa VIII.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 28, Sansa III.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 59, Sansa IV.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 7, Cersei II.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 12, Cersei III.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 16, Jaime II.
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Mathis Rowan.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 61, The Griffin Reborn.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 54, Cersei I.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Year of the Three Brides - 49 AC.