Lord of Horn Hill
Lord of Horn Hill is a title held by the head of House Tarly, the ruler of Horn Hill in the Reach.
During the reign of Aenys I Targaryen, Savage Sam Tarly was among the marcher lords who participated in the Vulture Hunt.
In 49 AC, Lord Tarly was present at King's Landing for the wedding of Alyssa Velaryon and Rogar Baratheon.
Lord Alan Tarly declared for Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen and the blacks during the Dance of the Dragons, fighting and being taken captive in the battle on the Honeywine.
During Robert's Rebellion, Lord Randyll Tarly commanded the vanguard of the Reach at the Battle of Ashford, where he killed Lord Cafferen and forced Lord Robert Baratheon to retreat. Randyll's liege, Lord Mace Tyrell, took credit for the victory, however.
A Clash of Kings
Lord Randyll is among the lords that join their forces to Renly Baratheon's beneath Bitterbridge. After Renly's death at Storm's End, Lord Randyll rides back to Bitterbridge where he captures Renly's stores and puts many men to death, mainly Florent men-at-arms, lest they go over to Stannis along with their lords. Randyll joins his liege lord, Lord Mace Tyrell, and the Tyrell-Lannister alliance at the Battle of the Blackwater, where he commands the center of the host.
A Storm of Swords
Lord Randyll leaves the capital and march north towards Duskendale where he defeats the northern army led by Ser Helman Tallhart and Robett Glover. He then captures Maidenpool.
A Feast for Crows
The timid and cowardly Lord of Maidenpool, William Mooton, does not dare confront Lord Randyll, who rules the town in all but name. Lord Randyll arranges a betrothal for his son and heir, Dickon Tarly, to William's eldest daughter and heir, Eleanor Mooton.
A Dance with Dragons
Randyll returns to King's Landing upon receiving news of the arrest of Margaery Tyrell. He receives custody of her and her cousins after swearing a holy oath to return them for trial. As part of Lord Regent Kevan Lannister's efforts to assuage the men of the Reach, Lord Tarly is named justiciar on the small council of King Tommen I Baratheon.
Known Lords of Horn Hill
- Lord Samwell Tarly
- Lord Tarly, present at the Golden Wedding.
- Lord Donald Tarly
- Lord Alan Tarly
- Lord Randyll Tarly, the current Lord of Horn Hill.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryens Kings: Aenys I.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Fire & Blood, The Year of the Three Brides - 49 AC.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Red Dragon and the Gold.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 78, Samwell V.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 44, Tyrion X.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 62, Sansa VII.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 65, Sansa VIII.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 19, Tyrion III.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 60, Tyrion VIII.
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 14, Brienne III.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 25, Brienne V.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 54, Cersei I.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Sons of the Dragon.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Aftermath - The Hour of the Wolf.