Lord of Maidenpool
At the start of the Conquest, Lord Mooton allied himself with Lord Darklyn to fight Aegon the Conqueror. Both Lords died in the following battle, Lord Mooton's brother, Jon Mooton, yielded to Aegon and became the new Lord of Maidenpool. Lord Jon later fought for the Targaryens in the Field of Fire, slaying men who tried to escape the dragons.
At the start of the Dance of the Dragons, Lord Walys Mooton supported Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen's claim to the Iron Throne. In that effect, Lord Walys retook Rook's Rest for the blacks. He was later slain in a failed attempt to kill King Aegon II Targaryen's dragon, Sunfyre. The older of his two brothers, Manfryd, succeeded him as Lord of Maidenpool and continued to support the blacks.
Lord Manfryd hosted the dragonriders Prince Daemon Targaryen and Nettles at Maidenpool for a time while the two were searching for Prince Aemond One-Eye and his dragon, Vhagar. Lord Manfryd changed side and aligned his house with King Aegon and the greens after refusing to kill Nettles at Rhaenyra's behest.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
Despite Maidenpool having been sacked three times during the war, Lord William still holds the town.
A Feast for Crows
Lord Randyll Tarly arrives at Maidenpool and sets out at taking control of the town and fighting outlaws in the region while Lord William remains safely behind his walls. Lord William agrees to betroth his eldest daughter and heir, Eleanor Mooton, to Randyll's son and heir, Dickon Tarly.
Known Lords of Maidenpool
- Lord Mooton at the start of the War of Conquest.
- Lord Jon Mooton, his brother and successor.
- Lord Mooton, ruling during the reign of kings Aenys I and Maegor I Targaryen.
- Lord Mooton, ruling during the early reign of King Jaehaerys I Targaryen.
- Lord Jonah Mooton
- Lord Walys Mooton
- Lord Manfryd Mooton
- Lord Mooton, ruling in 212 AC.
- Lord William Mooton, the current Lord of Maidenpool.
- A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- Fire & Blood, Aegon's Conquest.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Reign of the Dragons: The Conquest.
- The Princess and the Queen.
- Fire & Blood, The Sons of the Dragon.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Red Dragon and the Gold.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - Rhaenyra Triumphant.
- Fire & Blood, The Lysene Spring and the End of Regency.
- Fire & Blood, The Long Reign - Jaehaerys and Alysanne: Policy, Progeny, and Pain.
- The Sons of the Dragon.
- Fire & Blood, The Long Reign - Jaehaerys and Alysanne - Policy, Progeny, and Pain.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon III.
- The Mystery Knight.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 72, Jaime IX.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 5, Arya II.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 14, Brienne III.
- Fire & Blood, The Sons of the Dragons.
- Fire & Blood, A Surfeit of Rulers.
- Fire & Blood, Birth, Death, and Betrayal Under King Jaehaerys I.