Lord of Seagard
|Lord of Seagard|
|Office||Ruler of Seagard|
|Current Holder||Lord Jason Mallister|
Lord of Seaguard is a title held by the head of House Mallister, the ruler of Seagard in the riverlands.
In the century following the fall of House Justman, the Mallisters were one of the many river lords who were petty river kings, with House Teague eventually controlling the riverlands.
Lord Petyr Mallister rose against the Storm Kings of House Durrandon, having a brief and inglorious reign as King of the Trident before his defeat.
During Aegon's Conquest, Lord Mallister joined Edmyn Tully, Lord of Riverrun, and other riverlords who rebelled against Harren Hoare, King of the Isles and the Rivers.
The Lord Mallister ruling in 49 AC was present at the Golden Wedding.
Lord Lymond Mallister was unhorsed by Ser Criston Cole at the tourney celebrating King Viserys I Targaryen's accession to the Iron Throne in Maidenpool.
During the Dance of the Dragons, the Mallisters declared for the blacks. Lord Jorah Mallister was killed by Lord Borros Baratheon in the Battle of the Kingsroad.
Lord Jason Mallister fought for the rebels in Robert's Rebellion and killed three of Prince Rhaegar Targaryen's bannermen at the Battle of the Trident. During Greyjoy's Rebellion Lord Jason slew the heir of Pyke, Rodrik Greyjoy, beneath the walls of Seagard.
A Game of Thrones
Lord Jason Mallister participates in the Hand's tourney at King's Landing. Jason joins Robb Stark's host when the northmen descend from the Twins to Riverrun, and he captures Lord Gawen Westerling in the battle in the Whispering Wood. Jason joins the other river lords in declaring Robb to be King in the North.
A Clash of Kings
Jason is one of Ser Edmure Tully's commanders at the Battle of the Fords, during which he prevent westermen from crossing the Red Fork.
A Storm of Swords
After the death of Balon Greyjoy, King of the Isles and the North, Robb commands Jason to send two Mallister longships into the Neck, one carrying Galbart Glover and the other Maege Mormont, to find Greywater Watch and inform Lord Howland Reed of Robb's plan to retake Moat Cailin.
Robb intends for his mother, Catelyn Stark, to spend the rest of the war in safety with Lord Mallister at Seagard after Lord Edmure weds Roslin Frey at the Twins. However, Robb and Catelyn are betrayed by Houses Bolton and Frey and murdered during the Red Wedding.
A Feast for Crows
Lord Jason surrenders his castle to Black Walder Frey after he threatens to hang Jason's son, Patrek, who had been taken captive at the Red Wedding. Black Walder keeps Jason as a prisoner inside his own castle, alongside his son.
A Dance with Dragons
Jason and Patrek remain imprisoned at Seagard.
Known Lords of Seagard
- Lord Petyr Mallister, who led a rebellion against House Durrandon during the latter's rule of the riverlands, briefly becoming King of the Trident.
- Lord Mallister, who declared for Aegon the Conqueror over King Harren Hoare during Aegon's Conquest.
- Lord Mallister ruling in 49 AC.
- Lord Lymond Mallister
- Lord Jorah Mallister
- Lord Jason Mallister, the current Lord of Seagard.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 45, Catelyn V.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Riverlands.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Riverlands.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Reign of the Dragons: The Conquest.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Fire & Blood, The Years of The three Brides - 49 AC.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 The Rogue Prince.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Heirs of the Dragon - A Question of Succession.
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Short, Sad Reign of Aegon II.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Stormlands: House Baratheon.
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 29, Sansa II.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 11, Theon I.
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 63, Catelyn X.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 14, Catelyn II.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 71, Catelyn XI.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 45, Catelyn VI.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 51, Catelyn VII.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 38, Jaime VI.