Lord of Wayfarer's Rest
Lord of Wayfarer's Rest is a title held by the head of House Vance, the ruler of Wayfarer's Rest in the riverlands.
Lord Vance was slain in the war between the Teagues and the Storm King Arlan III Durrandon.
Lord Robert Vance was a would-be river king during the rule of the Storm Kings; it is unknown which branch he was from.
Lord Ronnel Vance supported Prince Aegon the Uncrowned against King Maegor I Targaryen, but he was slain in the Battle Beneath the Gods Eye; it is unknown which branch he was from.
In 49 AC, Lord Vance attended the Golden Wedding at King's Landing and observed King Jaehaerys I Targaryen.
At the start of the Dance of the Dragons, Lord Tristan Vance declared for the blacks and Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen. Lord Tristan was slain by Ser Adrian Tarbeck during the Battle of the Red Fork. Tristan was succedded by the young Hugo Vance. Lord Hugo supported Ser Addam Velaryon in the Second Battle of Tumbleton, and he then joined the host of Lord Elmo Tully.
A Game of Thrones
When the Lannisters start massing men at the Golden Tooth, Ser Edmure Tully commands Lord Clement Piper and Lord Vance to guard the pass.
Lord Vance is slain when the Lannisters attack from the Golden Tooth. His son, Ser Karyl Vance, becomes the new Lord of Wayfarer's Rest. Karyl is among the river lords at Riverrun when Robb Stark is crowned King in the North.
A Clash of Kings
Lord Karyl leaves Riverrun to defend Wayfarer's Rest. He later command the defense of the fords north of Riverrun in the Battle of the Fords.
A Storm of Swords
Lord Karyl is among the seven nobles who launch the funeral boat of Lord Hoster Tully.
King Tommen I Baratheon signs the pardon of Lord Vance in the aftermath of the Red Wedding. It is unknown if it is for Karyl or Lord Norbert of Atranta, but afterwards both have been welcomed to the King's Peace.
A Feast for Crows
Both branches of House Vance are present at the siege of Riverrun, and their lords take part in the war councils. After finishing the siege, Lord Karyl recommends to Ser Jaime Lannister he go to the siege of Raventree, since Lord Tytos Blackwood will never surrender to Lord Jonos Bracken.
Known Lords of Wayfarer's Rest
- Lord Vance, ruling during the reign of King Humfrey I Teague. He was slain in one of the battles of the rebellion started by Lord Roderick Blackwood.
- Lord Robert Vance (possibly)
- Lord Ronnel Vance (possibly)
- Lord Vance, ruling in 49 AC. He attended the Golden Wedding at King's Landing and spoke with King Jaehaerys I Targaryen.
- Lord Vance, ruling in 55 AC. His sister or daughter was chosen as a companion to Queen Alysanne Targaryen.
- Lord Tristan Vance
- Lord Hugo Vance
- Lord Vance
- Lord Karyl Vance, the current Lord of Wayfarer's Rest.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 38, Jaime VI.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Red Dragon and the Gold.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - Rhaenyra Overthrown.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 The World of Ice & Fire, The Riverlands.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Fire & Blood, The Sons of the Dragon.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Fire & Blood, The Year of the Three Brides - 49 AC.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - A Son for a Son.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Short, Sad Reign of Aegon II.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 40, Catelyn VII.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 55, Catelyn VIII.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 71, Catelyn XI.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 7, Catelyn I.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 45, Catelyn VI.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 35, Catelyn IV.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 72, Jaime IX.
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 33, Jaime V.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 44, Jaime VII.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Jaehaerys and Alysanne - Their Triumphs and Tragedies.