Lord of Yronwood
Lord of Yronwood is one of the titles held by the head of House Yronwood of Yronwood in Dorne. The title dates back to the Age of Heroes when the heads of the house styled themself as the Bloodroyals, Lords of the Stone Way, Masters of the Green Hills, and High Kings of Dorne.
King Olyvar Yronwood repeatedly led incursions into the Stormlands during the reign of the Storm King Erich VII Durrandon.
King Yorick V Yronwood was the richest and most powerful dornish king when Princess Nymeria of Ny Sar and her people arrived in Dorne, and subsequently allied with Lord Mors Martell of the Sandship and started conquering Dorne. In the ninth year of the war, Yorick personally killed Mors in the Third Battle of the Boneway. However, he was forced to submit to Nymeria two years later, and he was sent to the Wall.
Despite not being a royal house since Yorick submitted to the Martells a millennia ago, the Lords of Yronwood still use the title of the Bloodroyal.
Lord Edgar Yronwood fought a duel to first blood against Prince Oberyn Martell, after he was found abed with Edgar's paramour. Both men took cuts. However, while Oberyn soon recovered, Lord Edgar's wounds festered and he died. Afterward it was rumored that Oberyn had poisoned his sword, gaining his nickname of "the Red Viper".
Ormond Yronwood, Edgar's son, succeeded him after his death. Prince Doran Martell, Oberyn's brother, send his son, Prince Trystane Martell, as a ward to Yronwood as he thought that was the only solution Lord Ormond would accept to settle the blood debt between the two houses.
Eventually, Ormond died and was succeeded by his son, Anders Yronwood. Trystane remained a ward under Lord Anders and served him first as a page then as a squire. Lord Anders knighted Trystane when he was eighteen years old.
A Feast for Crows
According to Princess Arianne Martell, Lord Anders is now loyal to Doran thanks to Quentyn's fosterage.
The Winds of Winter
|| Warning |
This information has thus far been released in a sample chapter for The Winds of Winter, and might therefore not be in finalized form. Keep in mind that the content as described below is still subject to change.
Lord Anders commands a dornish host in the Boneway, which includes men from House Toland.
Known Lords of Yronwood
- King Olyvar Yronwood
- King Yorick V Yronwood
- Lord Edgar Yronwood
- Lord Ormond Yronwood, Edgar's son.
- Lord Anders Yronwood, Ormond's son, the current Lord of Yronwood.
- High King of Dorne
- King of Redmarch
- King of the Dornish
- King of the Greenbelt
- Knight of the Wells
- Lord of the Stone Way
- Master of the Green Hills
- Warden of the Stone Way
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 40, Princess In The Tower.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Ancient History: Ten Thousand Ships.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Kingdoms of the First Men.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 The World of Ice & Fire, Andals in the Stormlands.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 The World of Ice & Fire, Ancient History: Ten Thousand Ships.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 38, Tyrion V.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Arianne I (The Winds of Winter)
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 21, The Queenmaker.
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 13, The Soiled Knight.
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Quentyn Martell.