|Born||In or before 237 AC|
|Died||In 255–281 AC|
|Spouse||Lady Olenna Redwyne|
Luthor Tyrell was the Lord of Highgarden and the head of House Tyrell. He is the father of the current lord, Mace Tyrell.
Luthor was betrothed to Princess Shaera Targaryen in 237 AC when he was the heir to Highgarden, but the pact was broken in 240 AC when she married her brother, Prince Jaehaerys Targaryen. He later married Olenna Redwyne, who gave him three children, and became the Lord of Highgarden.
Luthor rode off a cliff to his death while hawking. He had been looking up at the sky, and not paying attention to where his horse was going. After his death he was succeeded by his only son, Mace Tyrell.
A Storm of Swords
Luthor's widow, Lady Olenna Tyrell, tells Sansa Stark that she loved her husband "well enough", but still considered him an oaf, and cites the example of his death.
After meeting Olenna Tyrell at the royal wedding of King Joffrey I Baratheon, Tyrion Lannister ponders if Luthor rode off that cliff on purpose.
Oh, I loved him well enough, don't mistake me. A kind man, and not unskilled in the bedchamber, but an appalling oaf all the same.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 6, Sansa I.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 See the Luthor Tyrell calculation.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon V.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 60, Tyrion VIII.