A Clash of Kings (appears)|
A Storm of Swords (appendix)
A Feast for Crows (appears)
A Dance with Dragons (appendix)
A Clash of Kings
Mark is amongst the nobles who join Renly Baratheon beneath the walls of Bitterbridge. He feeds his monkey morsels at the feast. Brienne of Tarth later recalls that Mark was a part of the wager over who would claim her maidenhead. He used his monkey to make her laugh in his attempt to woo her, but Lord Randyll Tarly found out about the wager and put an end to it. After the bet was discovered and ended, Brienne sought out and defeated Mark during the melee at Bitterbridge.
Mark is among those who go over to Stannis Baratheon after the death of Renly at Storm's End. Mark fights at the Battle of the Blackwater, losing part of his left arm and his monkey before getting captured by forces loyal to King Joffrey Baratheon. He bends the knee when presented to Iron Throne.
A Feast for Crows
Mark is rumored to be Megga Tyrell's choice for a husband by Taena of Myr, as Megga has asked her cousin Margaery Tyrell for help in finding Mark a new monkey. Queen Cersei Lannister has an arrest warrant signed for Mark as part of her plans to remove Margaery. He is sent to the dungeons of the Red Keep after his arrest.
A Dance with Dragons
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Mark Mullendore.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 14, Brienne III.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 20, Brienne IV.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 65, Sansa VIII.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 28, Cersei VI.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 43, Cersei X.
- A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.