Myriah Martell, by riotarttherite ©
|Alias||Myriah of Dorne|
|Born||In 146–158 AC, Dorne|
|Died||In 184 AC or after|
|Spouse||King Daeron II Targaryen|
Princess Myriah Nymeros Martell was the wife and queen consort of King Daeron II Targaryen.
In 161 AC, after Daeron was killed during his attempted conquest of Dorne, King Baelor I Targaryen freed Dornish hostages in King's Landing and returned them to Dorne personally, walking barefoot. Once he reached Sunspear, Baelor spoke with the Prince of Dorne, and agreed upon a peace, which included the betrothal of Myriah to Baelor's cousin, Prince Daeron Targaryen. The two would marry once they were both of age.
Behind the Scenes
In A Song of Ice and Fire, the character was originally named Myriah Martell. However, when writing The World of Ice & Fire, George R. R. Martin changed her name to "Mariah". But when writing Fire & Blood, George changed back to the original spelling, "Myriah". The latest version of The World of Ice & Fire has been edited to change her name to "Myriah".
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Daeron II.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Baelor I.
- See the Myriah Martell calculation.
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Myriah Martell.
- The Hedge Knight.
- The World of Ice & Fire, Appendix: Targaryen Lineage.
- A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 2, The Captain Of Guards.
- Fire & Blood, Lineages and Family Tree.
- Errors in the WOIAF: Update