Opal is a multi-colored mineraloid popular as ornamentation.
Xaro Xhoan Daxos decorates his nose with rubies, opals, and flakes of jade.
Illyrio Mopatis has opal among his various rings.
The Opal Emperor was a ruler of the Great Empire of the Dawn.
A Game of Thrones
Daenerys Targaryen has a vision of ghosts with eyes of amethyst, jade, opal, and tourmaline.
A Clash of Kings
In a ruined city within the red waste, Aggo finds an iron bracelet set with a large uncut fire opal.
Xaro Xhoan Daxos gives Daenerys a thousand miniature knights carved of amber, amethyst, beryl, jade, onyx, opal, and tourmaline, with armor of silver and gold.
A Storm of Swords
The seven-sided golden chalice given by Lord Mace Tyrell to King Joffrey I Baratheon has an opal sun to represent House Martell.
A girl claimed to be Arya Stark wears a clasp in the shape of a wolf's head with slitted opal eyes.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 27, Daenerys II.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 1, Tyrion I.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Bones and Beyond: Yi Ti.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 68, Daenerys IX.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 12, Daenerys I.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 40, Daenerys III.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 59, Sansa IV.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 72, Jaime IX.