Orland of Oldtown
|Orland of Oldtown|
|Alias||Ormond of Oldtown|
|Allegiance||House Baratheon of King's Landing|
Orland of Oldtown, also known as Ormond of Oldtown, is a singer. He is the royal harper and bard for House Baratheon of King's Landing.
A Game of Thrones
When King Robert I Baratheon comes to Winterfell to offer the position of Hand of the King to Lord Eddard Stark, a welcoming feast is held in the castle's Great Hall. A singer plays the high harp and recites a ballad, but Jon Snow, who is seated on a bench away from the royal platform, has difficulty hearing the music because of the many guests eating and conversing.
A Storm of Swords
Mance Rayder tells Jon that Orland sang of dead kings beneath the sea during the feast at Winterfell.
Orland is chosen to participate in the singers tourney at the royal wedding of King Joffrey I Baratheon and Lady Margaery Tyrell; the boy king is poisoned during the wedding feast.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 7, Jon I.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 32, Tyrion IV.
- ↑ The singer is called Orland in A Storm of Swords, Jon I and Tyrion IV, but he is listed as Ormond in the Appendix.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 5, Jon I.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 60, Tyrion VIII.