King of Meereen
King of Meereen is the title used by the Meereenese monarchs of old. Meereen eventually fell under the rule of the Great Masters, but in 300 AC, Daenerys Targaryen restored and claimed the monarchy of Meereen, using the title Queen of Meereen.
Known monarchs of Meereen
- Daenerys Targaryen, the First of Her Name, Queen of Meereen, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea
- Hizdahr zo Loraq, Fourteenth of That Noble Name, King of Meereen, Scion of Ghis, Octarch of the Old Empire, Master of the Skahazadhan, Consort to Dragons and Blood of the Harpy
A Storm of Swords
Daenerys Targaryen takes Meereen from the Great Masters, becoming the city's new ruler.
A Dance with Dragons
Daenerys Targaryen is introduced as "Queen of Meereen" as she holds court.
Daenerys weds Hizdahr zo Loraq, through which he becomes Meereen's king. After Daenerys disappears on Drogon, Hizdahr claims the rule over Meereen as King of Meereen. Skahaz mo Kandaq convinces Ser Barristan Selmy that Hizdahr played a part in the attempt on Daenerys's life. Together with Grey Worm, Barristan and Skahaz arrest Hizdahr and install a council to rule the city in Daenerys's absence.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 59, The Discarded Knight.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 2, Daenerys I.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 55, The Queensguard.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 71, Daenerys VI.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 50, Daenerys VIII.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 70, The Queen's Hand.