|Died||In 299 AC, Pyke|
Sawane Botley is Lord of Lordsport and head of House Botley. He is the captain of the Swiftfin.
During Greyjoy's Rebellion, Sawane's castle at Lordsport was burned to the ground by King Robert I Baratheon. After the rebellion Sawane rebuilt in stone.
Sawane bought a difficult horse at Lannisport in 298 AC.
A Clash of Kings
Lord Sawane sells the horse to Theon Greyjoy, who gives it the name Smiler.
A Feast for Crows
After King Balon Greyjoy's death, his brother, Euron Greyjoy, returns to proclaim himself King of the Iron Islands. Sawane refuses to do him fealty, stating that the Seastone Chair belongs to Theon Greyjoy by rights. Euron has Lord Sawane drowned.
Sawane's sons are dispossessed of the lordship. Half of the lands are given to House Wynch, while the remnants are left to Sawane's brother, Germund Botley, the new Lord of Lordsport.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 11, The Kraken's Daughter.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 11, Theon I.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 24, Theon II.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 1, The Prophet.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 18, The Iron Captain.