The shaking sickness causes its sufferers to twitch, tremble, and have violent seizures. Such seizures are often treated with dreamwine and leeching, with the belief that they are caused by bad blood resulting in rage.
A Game of Thrones
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
Robert Arryn, Lord of the Eyrie, stood in the doorway, clutching a ragged cloth doll and looking at them with large eyes. He was a painfully thin child, small for his age and sickly all his days, and from time to time he trembled. The shaking sickness, the maesters called it.—thoughts of Catelyn Stark
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 34, Catelyn VI.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 35, Catelyn IV.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 80, Sansa VII.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 10, Sansa I.
- Fire & Blood, The Long Reign - Jaehaerys and Alysanne: Policy, Progeny, and Pain.
- Fire & Blood, Birth, Death, and Betrayal Under King Jaehaerys I.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 49, Catelyn VI.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 41, Alayne II.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 23, Alayne I.