Shield of the Faith
From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
Shield of the Faith is an honorary title claimed by the Lord of House Manderly of White Harbor. It showcases House Manderly's allegiance to the Faith of the Seven, although it is unknown whether the title is recognized by the High Septon and the Most Devout.
Being exiles from the Reach, the Manderlys are the most prominent of the few houses of the north who adhere to the Faith, others being the more minor House Whitehill and possibly House Wells. Most northern followers of the Faith live in the south of the region. Known northern septs include the Sept of the Snows at White Harbor and a small sept at Winterfell built for Catelyn Tully.
Known Shield's of the Faith
- Wyman Manderly, Lord of White Harbor, is the current Shield of the Faith.
- Lord Marshal of the Mander
- Defender of the Dispossessed
- Warden of the White Knife
- Lord of White Harbor
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 19, Davos III.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 53, Bran VI.
- ↑ So Spake Martin: The Drowned God and More, July 14, 1999
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 15, Davos II.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 48, Jon VI.