|Location||Vale of Arryn, Westeros|
|Government||House Borrell, feudal lord|
|Ruler||Lord Godric Borrell|
|Religion||Faith of the Seven|
|Named for||Three Sisters|
|Notable places||Belly of the Whale, Breakwater, Gallows Gate, Night Lamp|
Sisterton is a town located on Sweetsister, an island of the Three Sisters, in the Bite. The seat of House Borrell, Sisterton is known as a den for smugglers.
Sisterton is a small, mean town, rank with the odors of pig waste and rotting fish. Its streets are made of mud and planks, while its are houses daub-and-wattle hovels roofed with straw. By the Gallows Gate there are always hanged men with their entrails dangling out.
The Night Lamp, a lighthouse tower, and Breakwater, the seat of House Borrell, are located at Sisterton, as is the Belly of the Whale.
Prior to becoming a smuggler's den, Sisterton was a pirate's nest.
Queen Visenya Targaryen flew Vhagar to the Three Sisters during the Sistermen's Rebellion, and the sight of the dragon above Sisterton led the Sistermen to quickly surrender. King Aegon I Targaryen spent a fortnight in the town in 19 AC.
During the Dance of the Dragons, Jacaerys Velaryon, Prince of Dragonstone, gained Houses Borrell and Sunderland for the blacks during his visit to Sisterton, and men began gathering in the town.
Half of Sisterton's population died from Winter Fever in 132 AC, and the Sistermen killed Ibbenese sailors who received the blame. A Pentoshi captain found guilty of bringing the disease from Sisterton to King's Landing was executed by Ser Victor Risley.
Lord Eddard Stark was taken to the Three Sisters by smallfolk near the start of Robert's Rebellion. Against the advice of Breakwater's maester, Lord Borrell allowed Ned Stark to leave Sisterton and continue on to the north.
While serving as the master of ships for King Robert I Baratheon, Lord Stannis Baratheon once sailed to Sisterton with a fleet and made Lord Godric Borrell hang twelve of his friends, probably for smuggling. Stannis threatened to do the same to Godric if any ships were to crash if the Night Lamp ever went dark.
A Dance with Dragons
Ser Jared, Rhaegar, and Symond Frey stop at Sisterton while en route to White Harbor.
Ser Davos Seaworth is caught in the Belly of the Whale and brought to Godric Borrell, Lord of Sweetsister, at Breakwater.
—thoughts of Duncan the Tall
Chapters that take place at Sisterton
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Map of the North
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Sisterton.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 9, Davos I.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Mystery Knight.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 15, Davos II.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Reign of the Dragons - The Wars of King Aegon I.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Three Heads Had the Dragon - Governance Under King Aegon I.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - A Son for a Son.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Red Dragon and the Gold.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - The Hooded Hand.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - War and Peace and Cattle Shows.