Soldier pine is a type of pine tree found in much of Westeros. The tall, green pine is plentiful in the north and beyond the Wall. Soldier pines grow thickly in the haunted forest, the wolfswood, and in the godswood of Winterfell. Scrawny soldier pines grow in the northern mountains.
Green soldier pines grow in the Whispering Wood in the northern riverlands, along the Rosby road, and throughout Crackclaw Point in the crownlands. Blue soldier pines can be found near the Mountains of the Moon. Soldier pines also grow as far south as the rainwood in the stormlands. Blue-green soldier pines cover the mountains of Great Wyk in the Iron Islands.
Soldier pines also grow along the steep ridges guarding the lagoon of Braavos in Essos, such as Sellagoro's Shield.
The soldier pines were dressed in somber greens, the broadleafs in russets and faded golds already beginning to brown.—thoughts of Arya Stark
Soldier pines were everywhere, drawn up in solemn ranks.—thoughts of Brienne Tarth
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 7, Jon I.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 26, Jon III.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 34, Bran III.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 26, The Wayward Bride.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 49, Tyrion XI.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 50, Theon IV.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 24, Bran II.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 45, Catelyn V.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 4, Brienne I.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 20, Brienne IV.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 65, Arya XII.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Stormlands: The Coming of the First Men.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 19, The Drowned Man.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 6, Arya I.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 3, Arya I.