Stonesnake by Rick Sardinha © Fantasy Flight Games
|Born||In 250–253 AC, Westeros|
Appearance and Character
Stonesnake is a short and wiry man, near fifty with a grey beard. He is stronger than he looks, and has the best night-eyes of anyone Jon has ever known. Stonesnake is regarded as one of the best climbers of the Night's Watch by Qhorin Halfhand.
A Clash of Kings
Stonesnake is part of the one-hundred men reinforcements from the Shadow Tower to arrive at the Fist of the First Men. He is chosen by Qhorin Halfhand alongside Ebben, Squire Dalbridge and Jon Snow to scout the Skirling Pass to search for wildlings.
Stonesnake leads the mission to scale the Skirling Pass at night to ambush a trio of wildling watchers, where along with Jon, he kills two of the sentries. He expresses distrust in Ygritte and later informs Qhorin of what she told Jon.
After the death of Dalbridge, Stonesnake's horse panicks at the sight of a shadowcat and breaks its leg. Stonesnake is then ordered by Qhorin to make best possible speed afoot to the Fist of the First Men.
A Storm of Swords
Stonesnake is lost in the Skirling Pass. When Mance Rayder asks Rattleshirt for his scouting report, the latter confirms that three of the four other rangers in Jon's squad are dead while the fourth climbed up a mountain, out of reach and in terrain too rough for them to follow him.
Quotes by Stonesnake
The mountain is your mother. Cling to her, press your face up against her teats, and she won't drop you.—Stonesnake to Jon Snow
Quotes about Stonesnake
—Qhorin Halfhand to Stonesnake
- See the Stonesnake calculation.
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Stonesnake.
- A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 51, Jon VI.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 53, Jon VII.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 43, Jon V.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 68, Jon VIII.
- A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 7, Jon I.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 30, Jon IV.