From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
(Redirected from The Hook)
The Hook is a narrow steep and curved street in King's Landing linking the Muddy Way at its foot and Aegon's High Hill at its top.
During the Dance of the Dragons, violent riots occurred in the capital. Ser Torrhen Manderly led a sortie from the Red Keep down the Hook with his northmen to try to stop the rioters. When they arrived at the Fishmonger's Square and the River Row, the region was swarming with Ser Perkin the Flea's gutter knights. Torrhen lost a quarter of his men fighting his way back to the Red Keep.
A Clash of Kings
On the way back to the Red Keep from the docks, King Joffrey I Baratheon's party rides up the Hook when a woman walks out of the crowd with a dead baby and blocks the way. The riot of King's Landing ensues.
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, King's Landing.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 42, Davos II.
- ↑ The Princess and the Queen.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - Rhaenyra Overthrown.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 41, Tyrion IX.