During the First Dornish War, the steward of the Tor surrendered the castle to King Aegon I Targaryen since Lord Jordayne had recently died. The Tor was quickly recaptured by Dornishmen after Aegon returned to King's Landing, however. Visenya Targaryen unleashed the dragonflame of Vhagar on the Tor after Dornishmen attacked Cape Wrath.
Morion Martell, Prince of Dorne, gathered his army to the Tor and Ghost Hill in preparation for the Fourth Dornish War, but King Jaehaerys I Targaryen destroyed Morion's fleet as it crossed the Sea of Dorne.
A Feast for Crows
Behind the Scenes
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- A Feast for Crows, Map of the South
- The World of Ice & Fire, Dorne: The Andals Arrive.
- Fire & Blood, Reign of the Dragon - The Wars of King Aegon I.
- Fire & Blood, The Long Reign - Jaehaerys and Alysanne - Policy, Progeny, and Pain.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 40, Princess In The Tower.