Wars of Conquest
The Wars of Conquest were a series of campaigns by House Targaryen to conquer the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros.
Six of the kingdoms submitted to Aegon I Targaryen, the first Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, during the initial two years of war, which became known as Aegon's Conquest. Dorne remained independent, however. According to Archmaester Gyldayn, the Wars of Conquest are said to have ended when Aegon was crowned in Oldtown.
According to Maester Yandel, however, there is no consensus ending for the Wars of Conquest. After Aegon's coronation, Queen Visenya Targaryen suppressed the Sistermen's Rebellion and Aegon led an invasion of the Iron Islands. Aegon invaded Dorne in the First Dornish War and his sons on the Iron Throne—Aenys I and Maegor I—also fought Dornishmen.
There are no known attempts by Aegon's family to conquer beyond the Wall. Generations later, King Aerys II Targaryen considered claiming all land one hundred leagues north of the Wall, however.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 The World of Ice & Fire, The Reign of the Dragons: The Conquest.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Aegon's Conquest.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Reign of the Dragon - The Wars of King Aegon I.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon I.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aerys II.