From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|Born||In 267 AC or 268 AC|
Ser Whalen Frey is a knight of House Frey. He is the fourteenth son of Lord Walder Frey, the third by Walder's fourth wife, Alyssa Blackwood. He is married to Sylwa Paege, with whom he has had two children.
A Game of Thrones
Whalen and his half brother, Ser Danwell, attend their father, Lord Walder Frey, during the parley with Lady Catelyn Stark at the Twins.
A Storm of Swords
Whalen passes out while drinking with Lord Greatjon Umber during the Red Wedding.
A Feast for Crows
Walder Rivers tells Ser Jaime Lannister that Whalen participated in the slaying of Grey Wind. Ser Raynald Westerling grabbed Whalen's axe in an unsuccessful attempt to save the direwolf, and Whalen claimed the wounded Raynald vanished into the Green Fork.
- ↑ See the Whalen Frey calculation.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 59, Catelyn IX.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 51, Catelyn VII.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 44, Jaime VII.