Yielding of Harrenhal
|Yielding of Harrenhal|
|Conflict||War of the Five Kings|
Lannister occupation of Harrenhal
With the rivermen defeated in the battle under the walls of Riverrun, Lord Tywin Lannister and Ser Kevan Lannister march on the various castles of the riverlands. After controlling the kingsroad, Tywin heads to Harrenhal, with his men burning the land while they march north. Lady Shella Whent surrenders her great castle to the Lannisters because she lacks the men to hold it.
Harrenhal is granted by the Iron Throne to Janos Slynt and the newly made House Slynt for his role in the arrest of Lord Eddard Stark. Tywin uses Harrenhal as his base during the War of the Five Kings.
- Houses Banefort, Bettley, Falwell, Ferren, Foote, Kenning of Kayce, Myatt, Peckledon, Prester, Sarsfield, and Stackspear are not directly mentioned at this battle. However, the colors of these houses banners are spotted by Arya in A Clash of Kings as Tywin's host leaves Harrenhal in order to cross into the Westerlands. This strongly suggests that men from these houses were present at previous battles involving Tywin's host, including at the Yielding of Harrenhal.
- Houses Hamell, Moreland, Turnberry & Yarwyck are not directly mentioned at this battle. However the banners of these houses are present during the escorting of the corpse of Tywin Lannister back to Casterly Rock, which suggests that these houses were loyal to Tywin and were likely to have contributed men to Tywin's host. Therefore the men of these houses were likely present at the Yielding of Harrenhal.
- Ser Amory Lorch is mentioned as being present in the Riverlands throughout Tywin's invasion, and is ordered to burn lands shortly following the victory of Robb Stark at the Whispering Woods and the Camps. Therefore it is very likely that Lorch men were present at the Yielding of Harrenhal.
- House Plumm is not directly mentioned at this battle. However in A Storm of Swords the brothers Plumm were sent to find Jaime following his release, which takes place after this battle. This suggests that House Plumm is a part of Tywin's host, and therefore took part in battles involving the host, including the Yielding of Harrenhal.
- See the War of the Five Kings calculations.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 38, Arya VIII.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 62, Tyrion VIII.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 16, Jaime II.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 69, Tyrion IX.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 62, Jaime VII.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 55, Catelyn VIII.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 56, Tyrion VII.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 57, Sansa V.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 2, Sansa I.