From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|House Slynt of Harrenhal|
|Coat of arms||a bloody spear, gold on a night-black field|
|Head||Lord Morros Slynt|
|Title||Lord of Harrenhal|
|Founder||Lord Janos Slynt|
|Founded||+/- 298 AL|
The blazon is a bloody spear, gold on a field of night-black. The motto of the house is not mentioned.
The Slynt House at the end of the third century
- Lord Janos Slynt, Lord of Harrenhal. Joined the Night's Watch
References in the books
A Song of Ice and Fire
- Joffrey I created House Slynt when he named Janos Slynt Lord of Harrenhal for services rendered to the King.
- Morros Slynt rode in the Tourney for King Joffrey's 13th Name Day, where he was unhorsed by Ser Balon Swann.
- Janos Slynt gave the command to betray Lord Eddard Stark.
- Janos Slynt has three sons and a daughter.
- Janos Slynt was sent to the Wall and had Harrenhal stripped from House Slynt.
- Morros and Jothos testified at the trial of Tyrion Lannister for the death of King Joffrey I that he had seen Tyrion gather the poisoned chalice off the floor and poured the remaining contents on the floor.
- Lord Janos sent Jon Snow to kill Mance Rayder, but before he could, King Stannis I arrived and captured Mance.
- Lord Janos put his name forth as a candidate during the choosing of the new Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. He was the only candidate to improve his vote totals with each vote.